I work and research subjects that bring together the Internet, open source licenses, sustainability and international development. These are some of the organizations that I am currently working with or supporting:
- Appropedia: Appropedia is the largest wiki in the world for sustainability and international development. I'm currently the Executive Director for The Appropedia Foundation.
- Insitu Global: Insitu is an initiative that explores how communities can participate to create and improveme their own public spaces in creative ways.
- Reacción: Reacción is a Salvadoran startup that helps develop resilience in communities through participatory methodologies and inclusive technology.
- Internet Society El Salvador: I am part of the board of the Salvadoran Chapter of Internet Society.
- Creative Commons El Salvador: Creative Commons is an organization focused on open licenses around the world. I am currently serving as the Chapter Lead for its Chapter in El Salvador.
- Open Know-How: Open Know-How is a standard that supports the discovery and manufacture of open source hardware.
Research and texts
These are some papers or articles related to maker culture, international development and technology that I've recently worked on.
- Make, Tinker, Learn. In Scheeren, Herrera & Sperling. Homo faber 2.0: Politics of Digital in Latin America. São Carlos, Brazil (2018)
- Experiencias de cultura maker y educación informal de Mesoamérica. In Jóvenes, transformación digital y nuevas formas de inclusión en América latina pp. 377-387 (2018)
- Open hardware groups spread across the globe (2017)
- Fab labs as catalysts for sharing economies in Latin America (2017)
- Peer-based design, prototyping and construction of a Floating Fab Lab in the Amazon (2016)
- Coralizando: um guia de colaboração para a economia criativa (2014)
- Diseño Libre (2013)